Data protection in Ivory Coast is governed by Law No. 2013-450, which details enforcement responsibilities for the Autorité de régulation des télécommunications/TIC de Cote d’Ivoire (ARTCI).
Under Law No. 2013-450, individuals have the right to:
- obtain all of their personal data in an understandable form, as well as any available information as to the origin;
- object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning them;
- oppose the processing of their personal data for prospecting purposes;
- correct, supplement, update, lock, or delete personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete; and
- not be subject to decisions made on the sole basis of an automated processing that would produce significant or detrimental legal repercussions for them.